A Few of My Favorite Things
We all experience little moments that just make us relish life or at least feel really, really good for a while. Sometimes it’s the simplest of things. That is what this post is all about.
Here we go in no particular order:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens… oops, that’s someone else’s list. Let’s try this again.
1. Coming inside on a really hot day and collapsing onto a cool leather sofa.
2. Taking a steamy hot shower on a frigid winter day.
3. Reading a blog and realizing that you’ve been given an award.
4. Reading a blog post or comment that turns out to be riproaringly hilarious or emotionally moving.
5. Driving on a freshly paved road – nice and smooth with glistening black top and freshly painted yellow lines.
6. Sitting down for dinner with loved ones and realizing from that first bite, that it’s delicious.
7. That quiet time in the wee hours of the morning when everyone is safe in bed and when you can think, plan your day, or just appreciate life.
8. The whole family gathered on the sofa watching a favorite TV show like “So You Think You Can Dance” and chatting.
9. Being snug in bed during a rain storm, or snug at home looking out the window at the gray world.
10. Downsizing and organizing so that everything has a place and everything is in its place and you know just where to find what you’re looking for.
11. Sharing a really good laugh.
12. Watching a dance performance where music and movement speak directly to the heart and express emotions so much better than words ever could.
13. When someone says “You were right” (you know you like it too).
14. Finding exactly what you want at the store.
15. Having a perfect hair day (I have very limited experience with this one)
16. Witnessing the colorful display of autumn leaves.
17. Seeing the early morning sun light the sky on fire.
18. That cool, long drink of water when you’re feeling parched.
19. Getting a phone call from someone you really want to talk to.
20. Sharing a good hug.
This post is inspired by a really neat blog called 1,000 Awesome Things. Check it out for your daily dose of awesomeness. While this post was in my auto post queue, I came across Emma’s post Moments that Make My Heart Melt . Enjoy Emma’s list and make one of your own to share with your blogging friends. So tell me, what are some of your favorite things?
Entry filed under: Miscellaneous Stuff.