Now Look What You’ve Done…You’ve Created a Monster!
I don’t want to talk about myself anymore, but as I stated in yesterday’s post, Mom Gone Mad @ On A Wing and a Prayer tagged me to post about “seven reasons that I am awesome”. In yesterday’s post I shared Hubby’s List. Today I am going to share my list, because, after all – that’s what the tag instructed and I do try to follow instructions 🙂 . I promise to be brief – or at least I’ll try to be brief. Lord knows I’ve talked about myself more than enough in this blog. Anyway, here I go… talking about myself again. (for more shameless self promotion see 25 Incredibly Long Winded and Convoluted Facts About Me).
7 Reasons I am Awesome
1. I’m surrounded by amazing people. I have a great Hubby and children who make me laugh – when they aren’t making me pull my hair out. I have wonderful friends who are smart and proactive. They keep me up to date and challenge me to be better (just so I can keep up with them). And now, I have amazing blogging friends whose blogs keep me thinking and entertained.
2. I love to laugh. I can be a somber, stressed out, and high strung sort of girl, so I actively seek out laughter – comedies, friends with great senses of humor, witty blogs etc.
3. I thrive on the unusual. Hubby has a work schedule that has him come home past midnight when projects get to a critical state, and out of town on work related travel – an average of 40 weeks out of the year. No problem. If Daddy is late from work too many days in a row, I pack up the kids and take them to the office to have dinner with Daddy. If he’s on an out of town project during school holidays, we make a road trip out of it instead of having him fly to his destination. Sometimes he’s all about work ( a lot of the time), but we’re right there with him!
Right now I’m stuck and can’t think of anything else – it took me long enough to come up with the first three…
* continued a couple of days later*
4. I won’t hold a grudge. I simply won’t do it. (not always easy, but worth the effort)
5. I try to see something positive in every circumstance. The last time I took my Dad to his dialysis treatment, he had been having increasing health set backs and we were both in a sober and contemplative mood. But it was an outrageously beautiful autumn day and healthwise, he was having a decent day. I remember telling myself to enjoy this time with him – our thrice weekly drive to the dialysis clinic. It was indeed a beautiful day and I still remember it fondly.
6. I love dance, poetry, music, art, and architecture. I love decorating things and making them pretty. I am motivated by colors. I love to create using my hands, either with words or paint, or craft techniques. I love the expression of ideas and feelings in artistic forums. These things make me very happy.
7. I love nature. This is a little bit of a contradiction because I also like to be indoors where I am safe from excessive heat and bugs. But I do love the beauty of nature. When we go on trips I enjoy looking at great manmade achievements: bright lights in big cities, palaces, monuments, bridges, and buildings. But nothing beats natural beauty like looking out at Lake Tahoe in California, seeing hillsides meet the ocean in St. Thomas, the mountainous tea plantations of Munnar in India , the massive oak trees, the River of Grass /Everglades, and towering royal palm trees in Florida. I could really go on and on and on…
In the tradition of tags, I am going to tag a few specific bloggers to post 7 reasons that they are awesome on their blogs and in turn tag some of their friends to do the same. However, this tag is open to anyone who reads this post and feels inspired to participate. Have fun with it!
I also tag Raji, Sudharsana, and Lakshmi (no links because they keep their blogs private unlike my exhibitionist self 🙂
Camille @ The Eclectic Mom
S. Le @ I Feel Unusual
Purple Hatter Man @ Purple Hatter
Dennis, Tucker, Trixie, and Trouble the Kitty @ Dennis’s Diary of Destruction
Just a Mom @ Purple Colored Glasses
Emma @ Not so Usual/formerly Musings of a Mindless Banterer
Javajunkee @ Just for the _ell of it