I was tagged by Mom Gone Mad @ On a Wing and a Prayer to write 7 reasons that I am awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed MGM’s list which is awesome in itself. But I was worried when I was tagged. I couldn’t think of anything new to say. I asked Hubby if I should just pick seven things out of the 25 Long Winded and Convoluted Facts about Me. He said, “No, do you want me to write it?” Flabbergasted I questioned him, “Can you think of anything?” To which he responded ” I’ll make something up.” So, here is his gracious list.
It took me a while to figure out the meaning of the word awesome. I did not know if I should use the definitions “In Awe of you sometimes” OR “In Awe of Something you do” OR to use the one of these dictionary definitions “overwhelming”, “breathtaking”, “amazing” etc… I decided to take the meaning that I thought would give me the most traction … here you go… I think you are a Awesome, Amazing and Breathtaking because:
1. Your vibrant spirit… you are reserved but your spirit is displayed when you laugh. And it does not take much for you to get started. That is one of the reasons I love watching comedies (movies or tv) with you.
2. You are everything that I am not… you are creative, you are principled, you have beliefs, you are patient… it’s like Jerry Mcguire said “you complete me”
3. You are patient and have deep convictions… We are still married in spite of me…. If there is something called a “weekend husband” that would be me and my work related travel schedule. You have always made sure that we communicate. You have thought me to be a good friend. You have complained, but never said, “I have had enough of this crap” .
4. You have a strong sense of what is right… (You are always right…) (Era: hold on Honey, can you reapeat that ?!) Every decision that you felt strongly about, you were right…. Every time you asked me to do something and I did not, in hind sight you were right… this does not mean that I am going to Stop investing in Stocks behind your back (Era: *shrugs shoulders, throws hands up in the air, and slinks away quietly*)
5. You are beautiful… but you don’t seem to think so. I am in awe of your humbleness… I would like to change the words of the song by Christina Aguilera to “You are beautiful no matter YOU say… don’t let YOU bring YOU down…
6. You are not a miser, but not a spendthrift either… You spend money on necessities. I know it took me a while to figure out that what you were spending on was considered “necessities”… I guess living in a 1 bedroom apartment with 4 other guys in grad school made me loose perspective of what is considered a necessity.
7. You are sophisticated. You have a taste for the finer things and you have taught me to splurge… a little. You make us all look and feel like millionaires.