I thought I had purged all the ridiculous tidbits from my life in Random Thoughts posted yesterday. Well, it looks like I missed a few. Remember folks, it’s not whining unless I say it is. Let the whining begin.
Not feeling particularly bright eyed nor bushy tailed, I decided to take it easy and stay in for the day (not that difficult for a stay at home mom). The plan changed, however, when my daughter asked me to drive her to the bus stop. No problem, the stop is in the neighborhood. I’ll just throw on a sweater (pajama camouflage) and go.
- The good news: we made it just before the bus pulled away.
- The not so good news: my daughter forgot her clarinet, and
- The bad news: we had to go home and retrieve it.
Bye, Bus! Maybe we’ll catch up tomorrow… Now I’ve got to drive her all the way to school. (In case you’re wondering, I did get dressed before making the new, longer journey.)
Remember my mini van? – the one that just received $1,500 dollars worth of repairs? Yeah, well apparently while the mechanics were servicing my vehicle, they were also busy robbing it of its dignity.
- In repairing the dashboard A/C display, the wrong bulb was used. Not only is the display the wrong color, but the A/C has totally conched out. OK, that’s not true. It still works – it just blows hot air. And as we all know, Florida is miserably cold in May – NOT.
- The horn has now taken a vow of silence. I conveniently discovered this fact while sitting in traffic behind a driver who had fallen asleep at the red light and failed to wake up for the green. That’s ok, I’ve got nothing but time…
My son (the one of More Paper, Please fame? Yes, him) needed to print an essay for school. As you may recall from the previously mentioned post, paper is pretty scarce around here. We ran out of the stuff a few days ago and of course, yours truly forgot to replenish the stock. Being the resourceful young man that he is, he decided to to use loose leaf paper. In theory it was a brilliant idea – in practice- not so much. Now that I’ve unclogged the paper jam, maybe I can figure out how to clear the error message.
It can only get better from here my friends. It may not be the smoothest sailing, but at least the view is interesting.
Make sure you guys have a good one!
PS: The printer is fine now, but I still need to buy paper – some things never change. Check out More Paper,Please. You’ll be amused.